Sarah Land

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

update on our life

I must be brief due to time constraints but I know many of you are wondering what is happening in our lives b/c we have been busy this sumer. but here is a synopsis.

the start-up company I co-founded in 2007 is growing and going for its 2nd round of investor funding so I have been more than swamped to constantly keep up with the exciting but fast-paced & ever changing needs of this situation.

I feel like I am a walking idiom/metaphor/euphemism.

I am between a rock & a hard place, I am "in the weeds", I am over-worked and underpaid, I am living the "mommy wars", we have a kid with the "terrible 2's", I must "rise to the occasion", I am pushing people to take things to that place "where the rubber meets the road", I want more "bang for my buck", I don't want to "re-invent the wheel", how do you know what to put "on the back burner"? how do I "navigate these waters"? what is the "rhyme or reason" ? is this "apples to oranges" or is it "apples to apples" or applesauce?!!!

the grass keeps growing and the tomatoes are red and the morning glories are blooming and the dog is shedding and Finley has a diaper rash.

Bill's job is going well and he is kept busy and he had exciting meetings 2 weeks ago during his business trip to Denver. it keeps him on his toes.

Bill likes to play soccer and golf but feels bad being away from his family in the evenings and weekends.

there is hardly time to listen to music let alone PLAY it. so the guitars gather dust.......

Finley like to run around the yard naked to "air out" haha. he jumps over his sprinkler worm and moves sand between his kiddie pool and his sandbox. he runs into the garden to look for berries and eats the whole crop everyday.

The Richardson siblings (including myself of course) have a constantly moving soap-opera of changing lives and expectations and needs and we love each other so much. HUGSSSS!!!!!! and we need to talk, talk talk to eachother-how else can we work these things out?

Leah's babies are doing great and growing and giggling and communicating with eachother. Leah & Mike are doing better but still get their asses kicked by those babies.

K&K had a great honeymoon and are now enjoying life in Seattle but starting to think forward to the next steps in their lives.

G&M are moving to a new rental house and starting to think about wedding planning. Matt is working himself so hard with the band that he is sick but still happy and that is most important.

H is approaching her freshman year this fall with trepidation & excitement. I remember that so well.

we have had amazing family vaca's this summer. and finley loved the beach so much that he still talks about it and asks whether he will see Landon soon? I wonder the same thing.....I hope so.

money and the economy is always a bore but now it is really in our faces and it is sticking its tongue out at us. we spent over $300 on gas last month and we only have 1 car that gets 26 MPG. the last time I went to the food store my check-out total was $279? WTF!!!!!! are you kidding? that was actually all food-I did not even buy a bunch of mops or brooms or shower curtains or expensive organic lotion. just food. and that was just 1.5-2 weeks of food and did not include the $40 I spent at the farmers market and the $50 at the food co-op.

I got to work today and realized that I had forgotten my cell phone and my wallet. ugh how annoying. I remembered finley's lunch and his change of clothes and my books and computer and this and that but not my phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home