Morning Heroics
WoW. I am finally here at work and it is 9:45am. I needed to be here at 8:30a. Mornings with a toddler and 2 working parents are totally insane. I really had NO idea before we had a kid. Our friends with kids would say that mornings were busy but I guess it is hard to relate when you have not actually experienced it.
Before Finley (BF), our mornings were goal-oriented (e.g. leave the house, get to work) but actually pretty relaxed. I drank my coffee and read the paper or checked email or showered. Bill did too. Then maybe even washed the dishes and packed a lunch then drove to work and sometimes stopped for errands or random shopping on the way to work. I even sometimes had time to park in the free commuter parkign lot and take the bus.
HAHA!I can't believe that a bus ride actually sounds relaxing to me! NOW. our morning routine is insanely crazy. sometimes I am literally running around. It doesn't matter how much prep we do the night before. inevitably, we are still running to get out the door before 8:30am. and even that is too late and it means we are running late. some how adding a needy toddler to the mix just makes it so hard to get out the door in a timely fashion. food and drink and clothing and washing and lunch packing and toy sorting, and medicine gathering, and day schedule discussions, and mess cleaning. all that needs t happen in about 30 minutes!!!
I rarely have time for a shower int he morning. sometimes I have to do my makeup and hair at work. how pathetic is that?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home