know your chicken in 2008!
how about in 2008 you vow to KNOW YOUR CHICKEN and everything else you put in your mouth and on your body!!!
don't be ignorant! be informed and stay empowered. help your friends do so too. you will be happier, healthier, and so will your kids.
here are some links to get you started.
organic consumers info
social networking for sustainability activism at wiserearth
my near and dear friend the environmental working group always needs more visitors and fans to spread the word and spread the knowledge.
maybe read this book the sustainability revolution and learn how our generation might still have a chance to leave the next generation a stronger, healthier country and world.
BECOME a locavore today!!! eat local , live local. sure it is easy to do in lovely fancy places like san fran where the weather is lovely and there are many local groceries and it is hip and easy to be green and ecogeek. but I think a person can be a locavore anywhere-we just have to TRY!!!
check out this great resource. the sustainable table. enter you zipcode on the eat well guide for local farms and butchers and bakeries. it is so easy to get started!
have a few laughs and learn something at the MEATRIX.. I am not a full vegetarian but I do prefer the little meat that I DO eat to come from healthy farms that use sustainable practices and treat the animals relatively well while they are alive. this is virtually impossible to hope for if I eat at most restaurants in america but thankfully local small farms and dairies are increasingly numerous and if I buy from them or their distributors, I can be informed and know the history of the meat I buy to cook at home.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home