FinBilly the wonderful!
Haha life with little FinBilly is hillarious and ever changing.
he is starting to say what's that? and point emphatically at things. of course, this sounds more like izzat? but he certainly gets the point across.
lately he has been into sesame street and they are still showing some of the animated shorts that Bill and I remember from our own childhood.
unfortunately finley is also enraptured by the horrible barney the dinosaur. we try not to let him watch this b/c it is just so awful for us parents. he also is still liking the teletubbies and thomas the train. he prefers to watch these shows on the computer. which is almost a problem b/c whenever he sees me or Bill at the computer, Fin starts pointing and saying up, up so that we will put him on our lap and go to sprout.com for the cartoons.

in general Fin is extremely INTO all electronics and technology. he loves the LED lights and the noises electronics make when he tries to destroy them and inspect them. this is great. the phone, the remote, the walky talky-all phones to him and he has incredibel wookie language conversations with some imaginary person. it certainly makes us wonder if we sound like that to him. hillarious.
Fin also thinks the vacuum is really great and tries to help his dad vacuum and can actually push it around himself.
he is so dang strong. we jokingly call him "magnus"-that is his strong man name. he is always tryign to lifting up and pushing furniture and boxes and other things too heavy for him-sometimes he is actually able to pick it up and we are amazed. he is still always trying to climb on things. he has several times gotten himself almost all the way up into his highchair before we realize it-very dangerous.
this week Fin has had a cold-with lots of boogers and coughs, red cheeks but thankfully no fevers. he got his dad sick about 2 weeks ago and Bil is still fighting it so I think Bill needs antibiotics now. I have some thing milder with some congestion but nothing too annoying. last night Fin was itching his belly alot and I freaked out and thought he had the chickenpox but then we realized that we think he was just irritated by the sweater i was wearing (it was merino wool). I hope this is the case-I am really not wanting the pox right before thanksgiving when my brother & kel are coming for a visit and there is lots of family and friend visits. and then the next week we are all going to Boston b/c I have to give a talk at MRS and I don't want to leave my family again -so they are all coming with! Bill wants to go to Boston anyway b/c he has never been there.
we decided to drive to Boston b/c non-stop flights were too expensive for all of us and we are not ready to handle lay-over flights with finley. and we need to have a practice drive to help us prepare for the long Xmas drive to Florida with Finley.
Finley has made friends with our cat sugar (shooby). she is very gentle and squishy and she lets Fin pet her (and squish her) and try to pick her up. she'll even touch noses with him. it is so cute. the other 2 cats pretty much hate finley-yofi ignores him and bastet runs away terrified everytime she sees Fin.


Fins hair is so cute and soft and long. it curls up at the back in the cutest way. I don't have the heart to give him a haircut-even tho he is starting to have a mullet. I am not sure what to do yet. but baby mullets are still cute ( at least that is what I am deluding myself).

my desk is a huge mess (note above photo of fin at computer) and I really need to organize and clean but I just can't bring myself to do it. I also need to take care of all the photos form t he last year that have not made it into photo albums. they are sitting in big stacks right now on my desk along with everything else. it is a disaster. I just have not had the time. really truly. the other night I was up at N2T working on a joint grant proposal for BT with them util 11pm-they were still there when I left. we missed the fedex at 8pm and decided we would have to call a courier to get it to DC by 3pm the next day (deadline). stupid NIH with no online submission for business proposals.
Finley has also learned how to give "5" and blow kisses (messy). but either way t is cute to see him learning how to interact with people. and he is signing so much now. of course the first thing he does on the moring when he wakes up is starts saying and signing "more" ("mo, mo") and pointing at my chest also saying "ba, ba, mo, mo". this is "lovely". any hope of weaning him has completely vanished. I am only nursing him at night & early morning or in the day if he is hurt or upset. otherwise he has to take his sippy cup with milk or water. this seems to be goign well but I doubt I will be able to wean him until he is older b/c now he is just to emotional about it if I try to tell him no and it upsets me to see him that way. so whatever-I'll go with the flow and do what I feel like doing.
well I've got to go clean Finley up and get ready for the day. it is a bright sunny beautiful fall morning. the golden leaves are gently falling to the ground. I think we will go on a family walk in the woods.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home