Sarah Land

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

talkin' wookie

Wookie-the chosen language of Finley. it goes something like this. garble garble burble, lalala, blama, ha dada, uhdeu, ahduh, ahduh. blurble, plable, nanana.

presumably all these words actually mean something?

I have been busy. oh so busy. it is sick. I can't believe I never blogged in June. how embarassing! what a shame.

Finley is crawling sooo much it is hillarious. so fast. sometimes crab walking if he does not like the feeling of the ground (eg grass). he uses anything he can to stand up-the couch, my legs, my potted plants but he is NOT walking YET. he often only holds on with one hand and balances and will even try some steps but really he is quite happy with his ability to get around right now. ar first we thought he would be walkign in no time but now I am starting to wonder if he will just continue to crawl around fast b/c he is so good at it.

We had his 7 month doc appt back in the first week of June and he was 22.5 lbs (70th percentile) and he got 1 shot (except 5 vaccinations-annoying, much to my chagrin). although he would have been given upwords of 3 or more shot equally 12 or mroe vax. so at least we reduced the amount all at once.

Finley is so alert and so verbal and so strong!! everyone remarks on this. His hair is growing and starting to curl a bit at the ends. It is a lovely golden brown with a little hint of reddish. his hands are still chubby little thing with dots for knuckles but he is getting much taller and less chubby overall. he is wearing everything from 9-24 mo clothes. most of the time I think most boy clothing out there for sale is too sporty so I end up buying him the most un-boyish and sometime girl clothes. oh well I don't care. it is so hard to find cute, soft, comfortable boy baby clothes.

Right now Finley's favorite things to do are ride on his pink push car/truck, touch wheels (all wheels from bikes, to strollers, to toys-he does not discriminate), read cardboard books, go for walks in the jogging stroller, play on the beach in the sand and shallow water (he still loves baths and doesn't even care when I get his head wet or pur water over his head), push trucks (with one hand every where and fast while crawling and make noises and if you try to stop him or interrupt him he gets really mad and has a little back-arching tantrum/fit), hit things together to make noise, hug Kaia and try to eat her fur, give us tongue kisses on our faces, caress my earrings and other jewelry (we are trying to teach "gentle"), showing off in front of new people and guests (he is a total ham), pull mulch and dirt out of my potted plants on the deck and even trying to pull my plants out (bad baby), open and closing the drawers and cabinet door of the entertainment center (we don't usually let him do this but once in a while he will sneak past me or his dad), squealing and biting elmo's face.

he does not like having his diaper changed at all-he screams and cries. he is still a very good sleeper and we have no problems. he usually takes a nap around 11am and again around 4pm. short naps but he always wakes up refreshed. we allow him to determine when the naps occur-half the time he falls asleep nursing or having a bottle but otherwise he just sort of crashes (usually after some burst of fun activity/spazzing out or a little crying fit). he goes to sleep for the night around 9-10p and is sleeping thru the night except for a morning wake-up sometime between 5-6am to nurse briefly then back to sleep and wake up with his dad and I around 7 or 8am. some nights he goes to bed with his dad and I and sometimes he sleeps in his crib. we aren't really having problems either way so we have not bothered to try to change anything.

He is starting to eat more varieties of foods. his big favs right now is hummus and yogurt. he is also starting to have oatmeal and refried beans. we are just getting into finger food b/c he still only has 1 tooth so I am a little concerned about his ability to chew so I been reluctant to try chunkier foods. he is still a vegetarian and I am planning on maintaining this for the next year or so. we'll start introducing some meats when he is 2 or so.

Fin is still loving school. he is there now and soon I will be going to pick him up for a few days off during the holiday week/weekend. His uncle kurt and aunt kelly are in town and we are all enjoying the time together very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home