Sarah Land

Monday, March 19, 2007

6 month old baby!!

20.5 lbs!!! very tall and very strong. He LOVES jumping in the johnny jumper. I must admit when I saw this toy in the store I thought it looked unsafe and silly but everyione said it was an essential baby device. so when I got once for my shower I just put it away for when Finw as old enough. I pulled this out fo the closet a few weeks ago and since then Fin has been in love. he jumps so hi that he gets AIR! it is hillarious. he has since learned to jump when standing on your lap. this is lovely too.

he is mr. grabby boy now. he grabs everything everything! . plates off the table, my hair, the remote control, reaches for all of his tpoys so well now, he grabs magazines and paper and destroys it and rips it up with a look of excitement and determination (and lots of droll of course).

he is almost sitting up by himself. he does very well until randomly he decides to arch back and thros his arms and head backward-needless to say whenever he is having sitting time we put a pillow behind him to avoid or at least reduce head injuries.

there are still no signs of crawling or anything related-thankgoodness. he is rolling from side to side very well and when on his tummy he pushes up with his arms but that is it. he loves to kick things still. kick the toys in his bed, kick the dog, kick me when I am laying next to him.... he is also still a spazz when he nurses-he plays with my hair and pats me lovingly (sometimes punching me and biting my nipple-he has that devil-angel thing) sometimes he wants to play with his toys while nursing-not such a good idea.

still no teeth yet but he is definitely suffering thru the teethign pains and drooling when he gets extra excited. he recently started babbling rather than just yelling, squealing or making noises. it is so cute to hear him babababa mamamama ksdghksjdglk (that was raspberry).

Fin is also now smiling for the camera and recognizing his own name very well. I have no idea how babies learn to smile at the camera but it sure is funny.

he loves to have bare feet-just like his mom and much to his dad's dismay. and bathtime is so much fun. I take a bath with him everytime b/c my back has so many problems I am not able to lean over the side of the tub. so instead I just get in with him and it is safer and more interactive for him. I have found out that you can never have too many rubberducks when it comes to babies and bathtime. he loves those ducks and splashing and grabbing and squeaking the ducks.

Fin is still really happy with daycare. he really loves going and he likes the other kids there and his teachers. we are so happy. we wish we could afford to send him 4 days a week b/c that would probably be easier on us but we just don't have the extra $200 per month that would cost us. from feb 3-march 10th baby & I were sick. finally we are feeling better. he still has a bad cough but this is mostly at night. other than a little his congestion has cleared. I eneded up getting a sinus infectiona dn had to go on antibiotics. I was so annoyed but I felt so bad it was really horrible to have to work and take care of baby and be so sick. Bill tried to help but he had to work. I am feeling much better now and I took my last dose of drugs yesterday-wha a reliefe to be done with that. I am hopign and praying that we don't get hit with a second round.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home