Sarah Land

Monday, February 19, 2007

no more binky?

OH NO!! Fin is rjecting his pacifier. very bad news for parents b/c this bink has provided many many moments of peace. A week and a half of having a cold with very stuffy nose and sore throat made taking a pacifier mostly impossible and now thatFin is feeling better, he still will not take the binky. He is still fussy boy sometimes so I wish he would take it. I am hoping this is just a phase but I have my doubts b/c he is a strong willed manipulative little baby and he definitely gets what he wants. and if he does not want the bink he just spits it right back out at us and keeps hollering. ugh.

also during his sickness he woke up several times each night, crying and wanting to nurse back to sleep. I tolerated this b/c we are still co-sleeping and now me & Fin have figured out how to nurse laying down side by side. this is much easier than before whe I had to sit up to feed him. we both sort of fall back asleep together, sometimes while nursing. this is much les disruptive but it still requires me to wake up in the middle fo the night. unfortunately now that we are starting to feel better, baby is still waking up several times each night. not good. I thought we had conquered that behavior. oh well, hopefully he'll start sleeping thru the nigth again soon.

Fin's other new thing is that he has become very particular about his surroundings during nursing/feeding times. If the TV is on he tries to watch it while nursing-this does not work and he constantly pauses and comes off the nipple to look at the TV-bad, annoying, little baby and then he looks up at me and laughs! If I try to read something or talk to someone while he is feeding he will stop, come off the nipple and stare at me or the person I am trying to talk to and he just can not concentrate on eating b/c he is a little nosey boy and wnats to be part of EVERYTHING even though he is hungry!

He is big on kicking and marching all the time-even at nigth when it is time for bed. he starts spazzing out and kicking and laughing and if you sing to him or otherwise tryt o get him to relax he just laughs more and kicks and marches more and more. usually he wears himself out after about 10 or 20 minuets but last night he persisted for more thsn 45 minutes before he finally gave in and fell asleep.

Fin has grown much taller in just one month-we realized this yesterday when Bill had to make his exersaucer taller to accomodate his new height. he is growing so fast it is incredible. he is still the cutest little guy though.

We got out his johnny jumper toy and hung it in the doorway and he just loves it. he giggles and laughs and bounces and kind of spazzes out whe we put him in it. you have to watch him carefully the whole time he is in it though b/c he tries to ram it into the door frame. he is hillarious in it.

He is reaching and grabbing very well now. It is amazing how quickly babies realize they can do this. Now he wants to grab everything includig my lips and ears and earrings and glasses and clothes-you name he grabs it and hangs on tight-so look out!

Kaia got a new doggy bed yesterday that she just loves. She laid in ti curled up in small little doggy circle all evening. Yesterday we tried skijoring for the first time!! it was so exciting and she learned so quickly I was so amazed and proud of her. I am terribly out f shape so I could nto do it for very long but she was incredible. a first she tried to play with the ski tips as they went in &out fo the snow drifts but within onyl a few minutes she caught o and realized than she was allowed to go out in front of me and PULL! her instincts kicked and off she went. of course I fell about 4 times before I learned what to do but now I think we will eb a great team and maybe somedy we will got o skijoring camp so we can learn from te REAL professionals. how exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home