Head up A**
Yes that is right, HEAD up A**, walkin' around with only 1 earring and baby puke on my shirt and my hair up b/c it has not been brushed in a week. I have become my worst nightmare of scattered-brained new mom.....
I have been thinking of all these great things to write in my blog...and do I do I remember to post a blog entry? NO. oh well. I am going to try harder.
I started adding new photos of Finley to our Flickr photosite. They are SOOOOOO cute! The link is here on the blog so go check it out!
Last week and still today we have had Fin's 1st illness. it has really sucked and I have had it bad too. Snotty, goobery, coughing, wheezing. all things that are annoying when it is you but when it is the baby, it is horrifying. Somehow little Fin still has a good attitude and smiles during the day btu the nights are bad and we wake up a lot crying and coughing and he pulls on his ear to tell me his throat hurts-very sad.
We started daycare a few weeks ago and so of course the baby got sick right away. at some point this is unavoidable I just hope he does not get sick back to back all the time. we have not needed antibiotics yet and I am hoping to avoid this as much as possible.
Fin is getting daycare 3 days a week at the Peach Tree Montessori school. It was so sad to drop him off there the 1st day that I was so distratcted I got no work done-oh the irony. But things are going better now and he really loves going so that helps alot. Fin loves the other kids and the caretakers and they do so many things that we rarely do at home that in the long run I think daycare/nursery school is really good for him.
For example, yesterday (valentine's day) they gave me a painting that Fin made of his footprints (painted) on paper with glitter! how cute. (as much as I love this I realilze that I would never do this at home...I am just not that kind of mom). ALso last weekend Georgia let Fin hold some crayons and he made his 1st drawring! amazingly it i pretty good for a 5 month old child b/c he holds things with a very firm grip and presses hard.
In fact my child may be a little heavy handed for my liking. He kind of punches me alot when he is feeding or in my arms and when we have floortime he kicks so hard with so much vigor that it bruises my legs if I am sitting too close to him.
We kept having to re-schedule his 4 mo doc appt so by the time we finally got in there he was already 5 mo old and sick so we did not get any vaccines this time around. He was 18lbs (80th percentile) (so a little smaller than I thought from my at-home measurements) but atill quite heavy for carrying around all the time. But he is in the 100th percentile for his height!!! He is very tall and has outgrown all of his 3-6 month clothes-he is pretty much in the 6-9 or 6-12 month clothes.
Still no teeth yet but he has certain days that are VERY drooley and we are sure he will pop a tooth! and then nothing. so we are still waiting and I am happy b/c when he finally gets a tooth, I will be sad b/c it is just one more sign he is growing up.
Our lives have been so busy lately it is ridiculous. Every weekend fills up with famiy events and other things. then the weeks fly by. Work is good and I am slowly getting things back in order. I ahve TONS of writing to do that I keep putting off. I am having trouble figuring out when exactly I can set aside time for writing (grants and manuscripts) b/c I used to do this in the evenings after work but now when I get home it is all about Finley and spending time with Bill. I need to carve out some time in the mornings but I am still having troubel waking up early like I used to before the pregnancy and baby.
We're trying to sell our truck and we have been getting all these calls on it but we can't seem to findthe time to clean it or go test-drive other vehicles so I don't knwo how it si really going to happen.
Chili cook-off at my cousin Eddie's house this weekend. This should be fun!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home