Buddha Baby!!
Fin is now about 11 weeks old and he is HUGE!! I can't believe how much he has grow in just the last 3 weeks. It must have bee a big growth spurt b/c he is now almost completely grown out of all of his 0-3 month clothes and this happened very quickly b/c only a week or so ago he could still wear several of the 0-3 mo sleepers and last night when I was getting him dressed for bed I went thru 4 of them before I found 1 that fit.
Buddha Baby!!!
So today I went thru some of the many gifts he was given and found some new, larger clothes that will fit him better and had Bill wash them. So sad but wonderful too-little Fin is growing so fast.
watching soccer with daddyHe smiles all the time now and has started experimenting with different types of crying to see how we respond. He started giggling at certain things-particularly a shiny mirror mobile that is hanging over his changing table.
During tummy time he can lift his head and chest up almost 90 degrees! I also started putting him facing outward in the carrier since he is almost holding his head up on his own.

He is grabbing things much better now and pulls my hair and is starting to reach for objects. When holding him close he is able to reach for my mouth and pull on it!! His little fingernails are so sharp this is not a fun experience.
Lately he has been being a bugger during the day and refusing to take naps. The only way I can get him to stay asleep for longer than 10 or 15 minutes is to pack him up in his car seat and go somewhere in the car or stroller. Then he will stay asleep all through shopping or a restaurant or wherever.
The ONLY time during the day that I can hope to get any thing done on the computer is when Fin is sleeping, so usually when I get home from an outing I leave him in his carseat and steal some time to do some work. I have started to get good at instantly pausing whatever I am trying to do to give the baby attention then resuinmg my little project again hours later. This is quite difficult and I am still finding it frustrating. I have had to do many things for Biotectix lately and I had to submit 2 revisions to manuscripts that both (fortunately) have been accepted for publication. I am trying to strat doing work related things again b/c techinically my maternity leave should be over by now but I asm not ready to go back to the lab, so I am trying to accompish some work at home but this is proving to be almost impossioble. oh well I am going to keep trying to get some things done so I can stay at home longer.

Fun with Aunt Georgia!!

Fin LOVES his grandparents and they ADORE him
We visited Kev & Steph's this week. WE had a great dinner together and watched the babies interacting and Logan running around hoping to steal a little attention away from the babies (this was hard though b/c the babies are endlessly entertaining).

Fin (2 mos.) & Landon (4 mos.) "playing"

Fin & Landon CRYING!!!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home