Life at 38 weeks and Pee Pee Teepees
So here I am 38 weeks and still pregnant! Not for much longer though I think. I have been feeling random contractions during the past few days and maybe some cramping 1 day and light-headedness yesterday and monday. So I don't knwo when it will happen but hopefully it is soon b/c I think I am ready.
Everyone in our lives has certainly made us feel ready. We have received SOOOOO many gifts and the generosity has been huge. I am totally amazed and appreciative and humbled.
Joy, Bob, Steph & Kev gave Bill & I a wonderful baby shower at Bob & Joy's house this last sunday. It really was great and it was nice to meet many of Joy's friends and Aunt Jill & Aunt Bernie and Steph's sisters-Amy & Dawn and her mom were there too. K & S brought Landon and he is beautiful as always-getting very big (he has already almost doubled his birthweight and they can't believe it since that is not supposed to happen until babies are a few months old!!). K & S gave us the pack & play! We could not believe how generous they are considering they have their own 2 kids to take care of! Bob & Joy gave us an Exersaucer (sounds crazy but everyone has told us that we will love having it to occupy the kid). Bob & Celeste and kids sent a baby bumbo seat (and of course some blue & orange Illini baby paraphenalia!). We got a swing that matches the pack & play (little sheep) from Steph's family and lots of great baby clothes, shoes, blankets, and important items from all the friends and family.
Linda Phelps dropped by last saturday with gifts and we chatted for a while-it was great to see her and hear about the whole fam. She brought a gift from Ellen (miss you!!!) and it was wonderful and something we have ever seen before (that's San Fran for you). Pee Pee Teepees (that's alot of eee's)! yes you read that right-these are amazing little cones-shaped pieces of fabric that go over the little boy baby's penis when you are changing the diaper-the idea is to prevent the famous "pee in the face" that so many baby boys give to their parents! I love it and the whole idea makes me laugh-aaahh yes thank you Ellen & Brian-you are always thinking of the practical gifts-I am not sure if I will be able to come up with something as good when you have your children!
Well I have a doc appt today. I have not had the doc check my cervix in many weeks. I don't really want to know. b/c if I find out that it is not dilated at all I will be annoyed. she says she has to check at 40 weeks so we'll see if we make it that far. It is looking pretty stormy this morning and I have heard that drops in barometric pressure can make labor start.....we'll see about that too. I have a mtg this morning with the tech transfer business development people and an FDA-type consultant from Medtronic. Bill is supposed to got to a Gus concert tonight and out to dinner with him and some friends-also Bill has 2 huge "deliverable" projects today and tomorrow so perhaps all of those importnant events and deadlines will make baby decide to be born today or tomorrow.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home