Life goes on
There have been so many storms the last week or so and all them have had powerful rainfalls. I am so sick of rain. I really don't like it and I am not a fan of the humidity the rain is associated with. The grass gets wet and dewey and my dog si a huge baby so she won't leave the deck b/c she does not like to get wet paws. This is really annoygin b/c I know she is holding her pee. So I force her off the deck to go pee and she just goes on my woodchip path instead b/c she refuses toget wet paws! Can you believe this? She is a husky for godsake-they are bred for snow and ice! I guess she knows the difference between frozen water and wet grass. oh well.
So I finally broke down and talked to Kelly about the move with my brother to Seattle. I feel a lot better after our conversation. I am still sad to see them go but as I have always said, I am very supportive of the move and what this will mean for their relationship and their careers/school. According to Kelly-they really need to be out there by August 20th and there is not turning back at this point. She has a contract and a new life to start. I hope my brother can find some sort of class or job to start so that he has something more concrete to start soon after they move as well. Being away from family will be hard for both of them so I hope they have can both have something distracting and exciting to do everyday at least for the 1st few months. I am hoping we can get Kurt and maybe Kelly as well-plane tix to come visit when the baby is born. I am not sure if you can plane tickets that are not for a specific day of departure but I guess we'll need to find out soon.
Well I guess I should write a baby matters update here!!! This little boy insie me has decided to change position at this late stage!!! I am so annoyed. It seemed like he had been very active the last 4 days or so and on saturday night when I was sleeping (or trying to sleep) I noticed that it was MUCH easier for to lay on my left side compared to how it had been for th epast few weeks. Then in the morning I pushed around on my belly and indeed the baby seemed to be positioned very differently than he has been since 31 wekks or so. I hope this move is not permanent. From the feel of it right now-he is trying to move even more. I wish ehe would just settle down and continue with the little movements that let me know he is doing OK but STOP with the bigger and painful squirming around.
I have been feeling really good the past week or so. It is really nice and makes me realize how bad I really was feeling during 30-33 weeks when all the preterm labor crap and illness was affecting me. I have been able to walk around again quite well and sit in furniture I could not sit in before (my outdoor hanging chair) and do some light chores and baby preparations around the house. I get tired pretty fast so any shopping trip or activity that is longer than 1-2h is not really possible for me. I have finally started noticing the need for increased food intake. I have not had the need to eat all the time the way that everyone seems to think it is during the end of a pregnancy. In fact I can't eat very much b/c my stomach is being smooshed by the baby's size. But recently I have noticed that in addition to mealtimes I have to eat a little something about every 1-2h or so-just a granola bar or fruit or some cereal otherwise I feel that faint and famished feeling. bad feeling.
Right now I think that I am looking really silly lately. My weight gain has been pretty much restricted to baby weight gain (at least I think so). I has been going up about 0.5-1 lb per week the last 5 weeks-so I guess I am now nearing the point of having gained about 30 lbs for this pregnancy. It sounds like a lot to me but overall I think I still look pretty normal and my doc says the weight is right no. My body hasn't been changing that much since about 7 months into my pregnancy but my belly size sure has changed! It is huge right now! I look hillarious-as if I have a beach ball shoved into my shirts. The baby belly is very round and protruding and the skin is very tight and the belly is very hard and bumpy as you can feel the hard lumps and bumps of Baby Burns underneath my skin. very odd but also entertaining.
I have a doc appt later this week. hopefully we will be abel to do some sort of ultrasound to see how much baby has moved.
I'll be at 35 weeks this thursday!! yeah I can't believe we've already made it this far.here is a link for 35 week baby info


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home