Sarah Land

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Not much going on for once

Amazingly things are pretty chill right now. I don't have a lot to report. Life seems OK right now. Our evenings have been so "normal" lately that I have been able to make healthy dinner 4 nights already this week!-no carry out at all. The spring is in full swing now and we have had only nice days since about mid April. sunny, 60's and 70's. The tress have completely unfurled their leaves so our yard is green once again. I can hardly believe that just a few weeks ago I ws looking around the yard wondering how it could ever be greeen again. The lilac trees are in full bloom and all the little seed I planted havestarted to come up. I can't wait for my morning glories and moon flowers to bloom and climb up the new trellises I got for my bday.

The baby is growing really fast lately. I actually notice day to day differences. I have gotten a lot bigger in just the last 2 weeks. I am starting to get a bit uncomfortable already with the baby pushing on my diaphragm and bladder-especially when sitting here at my computer. I feel like I can hardly breath sometimes. This could turn into a real problem b/c I spend at least a few hours a day writing or doing admin type stuff that requires my computer. I have noticed that if I sit really straight then I can sort fo stretch out my stomach area giving the baby more room but then my back get sore from holding it up so straight. I am going to try to come up with some sort fo different chair to siot on b/c it actually feels best if I can sit in lotus position with my legs folded up however I will need to get the computer screen at the right level. hmmm could be an interesting process. but I need to do something b/c I still have a few months to go and will only be getting alot bigger along the way.

The baby moves around alot more lately and I am starting to figure out what his schedule is. I wonder if he will maintain it after birth? I guess we'll wait to see. I have finally started getting a few things for the baby's room and planning how we will re-arrange the house for the new person. We are going to wait until July to get going on transitioning Bill out of his office and into my office. I have a plan for paint colors and furniture for the baby's room but we haven't started anything yet. Right now I am thinking that I want 2 walls to be an off-white/cream color and the other 2 walls will remain the dark brown chocolate color they are right now. The baby furniture will either be dark woods (cherry/coffee stain) or painted cream color. The linens will be blues and other accents will be all shades of blue with a little green thrown in (not turquoise though b/c I just found out that Bill is not a fan-who knew??).

I bought the first fabric that will go in the room and I am planning to use it to re-cover a crib bumper that I got second-hand. I love the idea of being able to choose my own fabrics and make something unique. Of course I still appreciate all the designer crib linens available thru stores but I want to have a hand in styling the baby's room. Georgia helped me pick out the fabric- it is very modern but will give us lots fo flexibility for other room deco. one side of the bumper pad will be a fabric that is light blue with dark blue and cream ovals and the other side will be a medium blue flannel with blended blue swirls. I am not planning to go with any sort of character or animal-type theme b/c I figure that this kind of thing will be brought into the room via toys and blankets and etc.

Work is less busy for me but demanding in a different way b/c I now have 4 new summer students to get trained and going on new projects. This will be alot of work getting them up to speed so they can work relatively independently on something soon. I hate having my morning schedule be dictated by other people so the sooner I can get them working on their own-the better. This will not be easy though since only 1 of them has ever worked in a lab before. Who nows.... I am still looking on the brightside right now.

We finally set our travel dates for our trip to CO. We'll be gone june 2-12th! I am really looking forward to seeing everyone out there and to doing some camping in the desert. I can't wait to breathe the wonderful western air and to get in a few hikes before I have to be rolled along trails. Amber and Kurt are throwing us a BBQ/baby shower so Ia mvery excited to see all of our Denver/CO friends-hopefully some people we haven't seen in a while will be there. I am sure they will be excited to see the much wider version of Sarah that I am now.

Well now I am going to go make rice krispy treats then eat some then I have about 2h of writing to do then bed.. sounds like a good plan!

baby info at 24 weeks WOW I just realized that as of tomorrow I will be in the last week of my 2nd trimester. I can't believe it. 10 months goes by much faster than I ever imagined. CRAZY!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home