Sarah Land

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Baby Registry

Oh what an experience! Well Bill & I are now totally overwhelmed by the experience of registering for baby things yet we somehow feel quite accomplished for having made so many "decisions". The store employees swarm you with suggestions and information while other store customers approach you with all kinds of "advice" about various products. Some of it helpful and some of it simply annoying. We managed to pick a variety of items that seem like they will be useful however I know we won't really know what we need until we actually NEED it.

We registered at Target/Target.com and BabiesRUS/Amazon.com so if you go to those stores or websites you should be able to search for us under Sarah or Bill Burns in Ypsilanti, MI! At this point we need all the help we can get. If there is an item you think is totally necessary for a baby and we don't have it on our registry-if you get it for us and we will use it!

We are also very happily taking hand-me-downs as well b/c we strongly believe in the 3R's of reduce, reuse, recycle!

Today is an awesome sunny day after many days of rain so I will be spending it out in the yard weeding and planting. It is Ypsi clean-up day so I will likely try to contriubute in some way to that effort as well.

I started a tai chi class with my sister Leah & cousin Emmalia. It is Wu style and as the way of tai chi-it is very SLOW!!! I want to try to do this for the next few months to help get me into the right mental state for childbirth and new motherhood. However I am not sure if I am cut-out for tai chi. I am a such a spazz normally that chilling out to do the tai chi style moement is almost too much for me. I loved doing the kung-fu karate martial arts and it really suited my body and personality but of course, with pregnancy I can't do the moves right and everyone looks at me weird if I even suggest doing "hard" martial arts while pregnant. Thus I am trying to pursue tai chi instead. I thught that I would be OK with tai chi b/c I really like yoga. However I now realize that the kind of yoga I have been doing (vinyasa) is a bit more vigorous than other types of yoga and compared to tai chi-it is much more stimualting. Howveer I am going to persevere and give tai chi a try for the next 2 months.

I have a doc appt next week and before that I need to do my glucose-tolerance test-yuck I am not looking forward to drinking that gross sugar liquid prior to the blood test. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home