Sunny cold day!
Hi all,
Well it is yet another lovely day in cold-ass Michigan. Spring was here for 2 days last weekend then it promptly left town and it is now winter again. The spring birds are still here though so I am hopeful that spring itself will return soon.
So I had another doc appt yesterday. I am at 15 weeks right now. we listened to the baby's heart beat with the doppler again. It was there and strong and 163 bpm! fast for an adult but normal for a baby. I had a blood test- - the Quad screen to check for chromosomal abnormalities and neural tube defects. Hopefully it coms back negative-although my doc said that 90% of positive results are false-positive results and that a positive would mean that I have to undergo more extensive testing. I am not too worried b/c the chance of serious problems is low at the age of 30 (1 in 10,000) as compared to 35 (1 in 250). However if there is a problem then we will just have to deal with that if it happens.
So my next appt is at the end of April and then we will schedule the post 20 week ultrasound where we will get to find out the sex of the baby and get a better look at how it is developing. I am really looking forward to this day. I have no preference at all whether the baby is a boy ro a girl-I guess I just want to know what it is and have it be healthy.
On to other things......well this week has proven to be very buys with work and not much else. Bill & I have started tackling the massive "to do" list of all the things we want fixed around the house before the baby comes. It was really hard to get going on the chores but now that we have started it does not seem so bad. We are going room by room and fixing all the issues then moving to the next room in the house. Alot of it is minor-easy to fix things that have been annoying us since we moved into the house like paint smears on the ceiling or un-stained crown molding or baseboards but some of it is a bigger pain in the ass such as re-grouting tile on the kitchen floor, repairing missing shingles on the roof, and cleaning the garage in which the previous homeowners left a bunch of trash and now it is our responsibility to haul it away. UGH! But the truth is that our sense of accomplishment will be so enormous when we are done that we are propelled forward. then we will be able to sit back and enjoy the baby without having to worry about all the things around the house that still not done.
So this weekend we are going out to my parents. There will be a party for my cousin June who is turning 21. It is supposed to be a BBQ but I am not sure how that will work if it is only 30 degrees. We shall see.
Here is a link to info on the baby at 15 weeks!. Here also is a cool kid/baby furniture store that I found - The Modern Seed. of course I can hardly afford anything from this store but it is cool to think about being able to someday. For example -The Nest Chair ($575!) but it is hillarious and just looking at it makes me smile so maybe it would be worht the $ afterall.
Love,
sarah


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home