Sunny but all brown grass & no leaves on trees!
Oh February. I know this might be a good month for other people with birthdays during February or for cupid lovers who enthusiastically celebrate Valentines Day but for me February is probably my least favorite month of the year. I am so ready for spring to spring forth, I have cabin fever, I am ready for a change! This February has not even been redeemed by having snow! no snow on the ground-can you believe it? I wish I could go snowshoeing with my dog but no snow. somehow walking the dog in the cold biting wind, getting muddy boots, pants & paws b/c the earth is somewhere in between frozen and melted just does not have the same appeal as snowshoeing thru a quiet snow-filled forest, gently padding along thru the snowdrfits admiring the sparkles all around-watching Kaia excitedly burrow her fluffy face into the deep snow then jump out with the pure happiness of a dog who knows she is IN her element.
oh well. so now I am just waiting waiting for spring. Yesterday and today have been pretty warm days (40's) and sunny so I walked around the yard hoping to see some sign that things will change soon but all I saw was alot of dog poo and alot of yard work ahead of us.
So on the brighter side....We just found out that my cousin Emmalia, her husband Devin & their 2 young kids, Kai & Lila will be moving from Florida (Gainesville) to Michigan (Ann Arbor) next month. We are thrilled to hear this and can't wait to "adopt" them into the Richardson family. They'll be closer to their own family (Michigan & Pennsylvania) and Devin got a great new job at UM. We are already looking forward to sharing summer days at Ore Lake with them.
Last nigth we went to dinner at Arbor Brew Co. with the fam. Georgia's boyfriend, Matt is in town from Atlanta this week so it was nice to see him. Georgia will be heading off to Mexico this weekend. It is a short study-abroad trip on which they will see ruins from ancient cultures & go on a dig. She is worried about contracting malaria or Montezuma's revenge! look out & good luck. Kurt & Kelly will also be going out of town this weekend-they are off to Seatle so Kelly can job-hunt and they will be going to some National Parks. I wish I could stowaway ont heir trip. I have always wanted to go to the Pacific Northwest but have yet to make it there.
On the baby front-all seems to be well still. Overall I have been feeling OK. Only sickness at night but tiredness more than when I was not living for 2. I haven't really gained much weight yet-maybe 2 or 3 lbs but I think my belly might be a little rounder than usual-I already have the annoyance of not being able to wear at least half of my pants. More to come I know.
A few things might be of interest...
did you pay attention in physics class? maybe someday we'll all have a little bit of
quantum theory sitting on our desktops
baby news at 12 weeks


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home